Update:

Square dowels are harder to come by then I thought. University never had any dowels let alone square ones. Fed up about the whole situation I made some out of MDF. Nice choice!

When gluing these together they just absorbed the glue without sticking. Back to square one (if you pardon the pun). Now I was really annoyed and frankly – running out of time. I went down to the off-cut section and got a wooden block.

I managed to cut small dowels from the block and then used the hot glue gun to join them together. Finally something that worked. I spent all day in the workshop and managed to make 3 separate models. The 3D printer was the same as well in terms of madness. For some reason it had problems printing the lids for me, but I managed to get them done after some perseverance.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s